The Grice Club

Welcome

The Grice Club

The club for all those whose members have no (other) club.

Is Grice the greatest philosopher that ever lived?

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Searching the Minutes of the Grice Club

Thanks to L. J. Kramer for input. He notes the search function isn't working. Apparently it does work from my side. I'll check again and report if it doesn't check for me. I'll try to do the search I was suggesting that it be done re: Tobby eating nuts and report.

5 comments:

  1. On my computer, using either IE 8 or Firefox, the search box does not appear. I see "Search this blog" and the word "Loading..." but it never finishes loading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. That IS Tragic. It happened to me once. But on occasion, it does finish loading (with me). Will see if I can retrieve the Toby thing as test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what I did, to retrieve the Toby material, rather than waiting for the search function to finish loading (it never does apparently, and the screen shows "Done"), I clicked on those tools next to it, and this allowed me to go to a sort of different screen where I was able to insert the item to be searched, so I wrote "squarrel" and got 3 hits or something.

    So perhaps the way to go is click where those tools stand, rather than wait for the never-occurring 'end of loading'. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is of course, the alternative (JSLblogs) archive at RBJones.com which has a (google) search box here:

    http://rbjones.com/mailman/listinfo/jlsblogs_rbjones.com

    But it doesn't come up with anything on Toby.

    ReplyDelete