The Grice Club

Welcome

The Grice Club

The club for all those whose members have no (other) club.

Is Grice the greatest philosopher that ever lived?

Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

Grice's izzing and hazzing in the "Pacific Philosophical Quarterly" (vol. 69) essay

Speranza

Interestingly, Grice ended up publishing the 1977 Victoria, Canada, notes on izzing and hazzing.

As a matter of fact, the thing came out in 1988, as edited posthumously by B. F. Loar.

It contains the logic of izzing and hazzing, and has an interesting update -- including a footnote where Grice refers to the Code paper in PGRICE.

2 comments:

  1. Is this accessible online anywhere?
    I know PGRICE is, but is the paper in the PFQ?

    RBJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I am confusing myself.
    This is "Aristotle on the multiplicity of being" which I already
    obtained a copy of from the British Library, and which I have been consulting very recently.

    RBJ

    ReplyDelete