The Grice Club

Welcome

The Grice Club

The club for all those whose members have no (other) club.

Is Grice the greatest philosopher that ever lived?

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Grice on Aristotle

On returning to Code I see now that I was confused about which paper of Grice he was referring to.   I had supposed, incorrectly it now seems to me, that Code referred (in footnote 2) to a paper by Grice called "Semantic Multiplicity and Copulative Being", (at a conference...) but I now suspect that that paper was actually by Code.  In a later footnote (4) Code (in PGRICE) refers to a paper by Grice presented at the same conference entitled "Aristotle on Being and Good" (specifically he refers to a section of that paper entitled "Semantic Multiplicity and Copulative being").

I wonder if this paper rings any different bells for Speranza?
I see that he does mention that this is an unpublished paper in the archive.

Roger Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment