The Grice Club

Welcome

The Grice Club

The club for all those whose members have no (other) club.

Is Grice the greatest philosopher that ever lived?

Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

Grice and Code on Aristotle

Roger Bishop Jones, for The Grice Club

Speranza and I have been discussing metaphysics at "The City of Eternal Truth".
There has been a little hiatus since I got distracted but metaphysics is for one reason or another still in my thoughts, and PGRICE having become less visible on Google books I felt the need to get some better access to Code's paper in that volume.

I went to the British Library and scanned it, so I at last have the whole thing.
At the same time I sought the paper by Grice which arose from the Grice/Code collaboration, but made a mistake and ended up scanning a different Grice paper on Aristotle (on the multiplicity of being, which I am still glad to have).
The one Code refers to is "The relation between form matter and composite in Aristotle's metaphysics".  But its not clear exactly where it is to be found so I have not succeeded in locating it.

I searched the BL catalogue and the internet and the Grice club but came up with nothing.

Surely its in Speranza's head!

Roger Jones

1 comment: