The Grice Club

Welcome

The Grice Club

The club for all those whose members have no (other) club.

Is Grice the greatest philosopher that ever lived?

Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2021

H. P. Grice, "Bestiarium" "To change the image somewhat, what bothers me about what I am being offered is not that it is bare, but that it has been systematically and relentlessly undressed. I am also adversely influenced by a different kind of unattractive feature which some, or perhaps even all of these bêtes noires seem to possess."

"To change the image somewhat, what bothers me about what I am being offered is not that it is bare, but that it has been systematically and relentlessly undressed. I am also adversely influenced by a different kind of unattractive feature which some, or perhaps even all of these bêtes noires seem to possess."

No comments:

Post a Comment