The Grice Club

Welcome

The Grice Club

The club for all those whose members have no (other) club.

Is Grice the greatest philosopher that ever lived?

Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2014

Austin: A Closet Griceian

Speranza

I recently referred, and justly so, to J. L. Austin, and on public record, too, as "a closet Griceian". But I want to back my statement. My source has been that PhD which I ordered via UMI Int. (University Microfilms International): "A reconciliation of Austin and Grice" -- I found the title erotic.

So I must now find further, newer evidence. The PhD on "The reconciliation" is only an account of Strawson. The author thinks that Strawson, in "Intention and Convention", marries Austin and Grice.

Anyway, typing "Grice Austin" in the Google.com, I get this, which may help:

Austin Grice | FacebookFriends: Danielle Lucas Dyer, Samantha Grace, Jaquavien Manning, Corrie Allen Coates
Austin Grice is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Austin Grice and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the ...
www.facebook.com/people/Austin-Grice/696411578 - Cached

How to undo things with implicatures?

No comments:

Post a Comment